I made a quick soup tonight with some odds and ends from my kitchen. It looked much brighter in person, but I am lazy and like to use my phone as my camera.
The pot contents:
– 1 diced onion
– 1 carrot, diced
– about 2 inches of ginger, minced
– 2 stalks of celery, diced
– half of a green pepper, diced
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1.5 cups of split red lentils
– 4 cups of water
– 1 can of coconut milk
– tumeric (maybe a TBSP)
– curry powder (maybe a 1/2 TBSP)
– a half of a cup of minced cilantro
Fry onion, carrot, ginger, celery and green pepper until soft. Add garlic and stir for a minute or two. Add water and lentils and bring to boil. Simmer until lentils are cooked through. At this point, I blended half of the soup for a smoother texture (optional). Add seasonings, coconut milk and cilantro and bring to your desired temperature.